Assistant/Associate Professor - Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Department is seeking to fill one position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor in Environmental Engineering. The expected starting date is September 2017. Candidates from all areas of Environmental Engineering will be evaluated on a merit basis; candidates in the areas of: potable water treatment, advanced water and wastewater treatment processes, water reuse, sustainability, air pollution control and renewable energy are preferred and encouraged to apply.
A successful candidate's expertise is expected to complement and strengthen existing faculty research and teaching (undergraduate and graduate) in Civil and Environmental Engineering. A successful applicant must demonstrate the potential for creative and independent research that would lead to strong extramurally-funded research. A candidate with a strong publication record and proven success in obtaining external funding, and registration as a Professional Engineer or qualifications to obtain a P.E. registration is preferred. Relevant industrial experience and the interest and commitment to work with diverse student and faculty populations are desired.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or closely related field
- An earned Doctorate in Civil Engineering in the Environmental Engineering discipline or closely related filed (must have PhD in hand by the time of appointment (September 2017)
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Demonstrated excellence in research and publication
- Commitment to develop and sustain an externally funded research program
- Dedication to teach undergraduate and graduate levels in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering (or the ability to become registered) is preferred and relevant academic experience is desirable
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Statement
- Evidence of Teaching
- Names and contact information of three references
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Include in CV: Project titles and award amounts of externally funded research projects.
- Include in Teaching Philosophy: Teaching interests and objectives.
- Include in Evidence of teaching: syllabus, course description, class evaluations, etc.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55109
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.