Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering at IIT Bombay invites applications for the post of Assistant Professor. Candidates must possess Ph.D. degree with specialization in Environmental Science / Engineering from reputed Institutes with M.Tech./M.E./M.S. and B.Tech./B.E./B.S. in Civil/Chemical/ Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management and allied disciplines or M.Sc. degree in Environmental Science/Environmental Management and allied disciplines. Candidates must have consistently strong academic records throughout with First class or equivalent (in terms of grades) for the degree preceding the Ph.D. degree and should have demonstrated research expertise in one or more of the areas listed:
- Air Pollution (Modeling, Source apportionment, Satellite data, Health and Exposure, Technology development, Atmospheric sciences)
- Solid Waste Management
- Water and Wastewater Treatment and Emerging Concerns
- Modeling Fate and Transport of Pollutants in Surface & Subsurface Systems
- Environmental Microbiology, Biotechnology & Microbial Ecology
- Ecology and Sustainability
- Environmental Management, Impact Assessment, Law and Policy
It is expected that the successful candidate will make substantial contributions to both teaching and research. The Centre has a postgraduate programme that offers M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees in Environmental Science & Engineering and also offers various courses as institute electives and minors for students across the Institute. In addition, it has a M.Sc.-Ph.D. programme and will also be starting a B.Tech.-M.Tech. dual degree programme. The candidate must have interest and competence for teaching a range of courses in both undergraduate and postgraduate level. More details on CESE are available at: http://www.cese.iitb.ac.in.
Application forms may be downloaded from: http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/faculty/information-prospective-faculty. The filled application form along with supporting documents may be submitted to: Head, CESE (Prof. Sanjeev Chaudhari, firstname.lastname@example.org).