The Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering Program at the University of South Alabama, Mobile Al, is looking for highly motivated candidates for two multi-year funded research positions starting in August 2023. The research project involves modelling the performance and microbial communities of Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactors (AnMBR) treating domestic wastewaters.
The project is headed by Dr. Kaushik Venkiteshwaran, Assistant Professor in Civil, Coastal and Environment Engineering at South Alabama, and will serve as the academic and research advisor for the candidates.
Successful candidates will join the Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering Program at South Alabama, and will receive a doctoral degree in Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering upon completion.
Research duties include:
1) Building and operating lab-scale AnMBRs
2) Perform typical water/wastewater analyses
3) Perform microbial community analysis and bioinformatics
4) Perform computational modelling
1) Bachelors in Civil or Chemical Engineering from a verifiable Institution
2) Masters in Civil or Chemical Engineering from a verifiable Institution
Preferred qualification (Highlight any of the following in your application)
1) Experience in operating biological reactors
2) Experience in performing typical water/wastewater analyses
3) Experience in performing microbial analyses (DNA/RNA extraction, PCRs etc.)
4) Experience in using statistical softwares (such as R, Matlab, Python etc.)
5) Writing experience - Share journal publications or conference proceedings if any.
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Venkiteshwaran (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email with your CV and Statement of Purpose before December 31st 2022. You can also direct any questions to Dr. Venkiteshwaran.