When to apply:
The deadline to apply is 11:59 pm ET on March 1, 2017.
Complete nomination package includes:
- a nomination form;
- a transcript verifying that the student has achieved a minimum GPA of 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) in Master's degree program coursework;
- Documented successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam;
- Two academic letters of recommendation;
- Evidence of active participation in a student or regular chapter of an engineering related professional society, or evidence of active participation in school, community, or organized religious activities;
- An applicant prepared summary of accomplishment in an engineering project in the candidate's workplace employment if a part time graduate student or recently graduated Master's degree recipient, or an applicant prepared summary of accomplishment in a graduate engineering thesis, project, study or the equivalent approved by the student's major advisor or graduate coordinator (limit 1 page);
- An applicant prepared statement of purpose in pursuing a Master's degree and goals for first 5 years of professional practice;
- Any other evidence of merit, papers, honors, recognition, etc.
Questions may be directed to the chair of the AAEES Foundation Awards Committee:
John E. Tobiason, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
e-mail: email@example.com; Tel: 413-545-5397