The Project Manager is responsible for managing water and wastewater treatment projects within the Global Water Practice group.
- Manage water and wastewater treatment projects, including design activities.
- Responsible for budget, scheduling, reviewing field activities, invoices, approving labor time, costs and procurement.
- Be responsive to clients’ needs and other department managers informed of site conditions and activities.
- Plan and procure all necessary equipment for project in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Lead vendor management and procurement, i.e., labor/material cost estimates.
- Responsible for operational permits and programs to ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations and to control compliance costs.
- Report project financial profitability, utilization, administrative costs, annual budgeting and business development.
- Identify RFP and funding opportunities and help the team to prepare proposals.
- Participate in local and national water and wastewater professional organizations and preparing, coordinating and presenting market-specific papers and presentations.
- Assist in marketing business opportunities with key clients and development of responses to RFP/RFQs.
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40 hour HAZWOPER environmental health and safety class and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Participate in company’s continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- 7+ years of engineering or environmental related experience
- Professional Registration in Engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and PC programs
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid organization and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently, managing multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
- Ability/willingness to travel (up to 25-50%)
- HAZWOPER certification
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Project Management Professional Certification
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to the attention of Marisa Otani at email@example.com.