Research Associate Position IMMEDIATELY Available
We are inviting applications for a Research Associate position in green infrastructure (GI) and low-impact development (LID) in a NOAA project funded by the National Sea Grant College to New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium, Stevens Institute of Technology, Montclair State University, and New Jersey Institute of Technology. This is a one-year position based at Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, New Jersey). This project will optimize the deployment of innovative GI/LID techniques for mitigating runoff and pollution impacts on the freshwater systems and eventually protecting the coastal ecosystems in the U.S. to maximize their environmental, economic, and social benefits. Specific tasks include, but not limited to:
1) Critical review of available literature and identify key research gaps on GI/LID optimization;
2) Working in an interdisciplinary team to identify key stakeholder groups and engaging with them via virtual and in-person meetings, field trips, workshops, and personal communications;
3) Participation in a scoping study to discern the roles of various Sea Grant entities and governmental and nongovernmental organizations in mitigating runoff and pollution impacts on freshwater systems;
4) Working with other project members in various education and outreach activities to publicize the project results;
5) Preparation of a strategic document and peer review publications.
Candidates should ideally have a Ph.D. or be an ABD in environmental engineering, water resources engineering, chemical engineering, environmental science, or a related field. Candidates with a master’s degree but with significant working experience in the area of GI/LID will also be considered. They need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Research experience in stormwater management, particularly GI and LID techniques is required. The position is available IMMEDIATELY and will remain open until filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and contact information of two references to Dr. Dibyendu ‘Dibs’ Sarkar (firstname.lastname@example.org).