Visiting Assistant Professor, Environmental Engineering
Job No: 496946
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Civil & Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Bucknell University invites applications for a visiting assistant professor appointment in the 2022-23 academic year, starting in August 2022. We seek individuals with enthusiasm for teaching and a desire to engage students in the classroom and laboratory on subjects in the area of environmental engineering. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses with small class sizes (typically 10-35 students) that facilitate close student-faculty interaction in a hands-on, interactive learning community. The University sponsors a range of developmental activities for faculty, supported by a well-resourced Teaching and Learning Center. Although teaching is the primary responsibility for this position, candidates would have the potential to further their scholarship utilizing Bucknell's excellent experimental facilities and computational resources as time permits.
Candidates are expected to have an earned doctorate or be ABD in environmental engineering, civil engineering, or another closely related field at the time of appointment. Clear evidence of the potential for teaching excellence is essential. The ideal candidate would have teaching abilities in hazardous waste management or related areas (e.g., public health, emerging contaminants, industrial hygiene, risk assessment, remediation, waste containment), as well as either probability & statistics or numerical methods.
Applications must include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, and personal statement (4 pages maximum). In the personal statement, applicants should:
- describe their career goals and explain how this position aligns with these goals;
- describe their teaching philosophy and experience relevant to the Bucknell environmental and civil engineering programs and curricula;
- articulate a pedagogy or plan for providing excellent classroom and laboratory instruction;
- identify courses that they would be interested in teaching and/or best suited to teach at Bucknell;
- describe their commitment to diversity and inclusive pedagogy and any relevant experience, expertise, or plans in these areas; and
- describe their current scholarly interests and pursuits.
Applicants also must provide references upon request. Applications are only accepted through Bucknell's career site. Please go to careers.bucknell.edu to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2827721
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.