Industrial Postdoc for Advanced Membrane Projects
NCS Engineers is a dynamic water/wastewater environmental engineering firm, and we have an exciting opportunity for a postdoctoral position to work on a number of advanced membrane treatment and other large-scale pilot and demonstration projects funded by various agencies and clients. The position will be located in our Irvine, California location. Some remote work is an option.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in civil and environmental or chemical engineering focused on membrane or advanced treatment processes. The position will require the aptitude and desire to manage projects as well as prepare documents and calculations related to water/wastewater treatment for a variety of advanced treatment projects including manufacturing waste, seawater, membrane concentrate, high TDS groundwater, etc.
We offer challenging technical and professional opportunities working on leading-edge, high-tech water and wastewater projects and innovative industrial applications. Experience with field pilot or demonstration projects is required along with a Ph.D. in the related field.
Role and Responsibilities for Industrial Postdocs
- Assist in developing technical reports for process design of advanced treatment systems including membranes and treatment residual handling systems.
- Assist with installation of pilot and demonstration equipment of projects as needed.
- Be responsive to clients’ needs and keep others informed of site conditions and activities for fieldwork.
- Plan and procure all necessary equipment for the project in accordance with project goals
- Lead vendor management and procurement, i.e., labor/material cost estimates for pilot and demonstration-scale equipment.
- Responsible for operational permits and programs to ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations
- Practice safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Responsible for budget, scheduling, reviewing field activities, and invoices, and approving labor time, costs, and procurement for assigned projects.
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40-hour HAZWOPR environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes for field-related work.
- Complete and maintain HAZWOPER certification with the 40-hour HAZWOPR environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes for field-related work. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum of Ph.D. in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Civil/environmental MS working towards Ph.D. may be considered
- 3+ years of environmental engineering related experience
- Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including detailed report preparation.
- Excellent computer, math, and English skills.
- Ability to manage and work independently on projects.
- CAD design ability is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and PC programs
- Friendly and have the ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Ability/willingness to travel on a limited basis for project work
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus
To apply submit your resume and LinkedIn profile name to HR@ncseng.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
NCS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NCSA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
NCS prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.