The Capone Lab in the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health in the School of Public Health at Indiana University is recruiting PhD students to start in the Fall of 2023.
Public health engineering , environmental microbiology, quantitative microbial risk assessment, water and sanitation technologies, environmental epidemiology, wastewater-based epidemiology
It is not expected that you have all the following qualifications, but the following list represents some of the qualifications of an ideal candidate.
- Must have completed an accredited bachelor’s and/or master's degree in engineering (e.g., chemical, or environmental), public health, environmental science or related discipline by the Fall of 2023
- Well organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and interested in working on interdisciplinary team science.
- Previous experience with PCR, culturing, bioinformatics, environmental sampling, data analysis, risk assessment modeling, and academic writing
- Previous experience living or working in low-resource settings
- Interest in international field work
Interested individuals should email their CV and a brief cover letter stating why they are interested in the position to Dr. Drew Capone (firstname.lastname@example.org)