AEESP Members, are you interested in volunteering for a leadership position within AEESP? We are seeking interested individuals to consider serving as AEESP Newsletter Editor for the next term beginning in January 2018 and expiring with the September 2020 Newsletter. AEESP Newsletters are published three times per year, during the months of January, May, and September.
Service as the Newsletter Editor includes:
- Soliciting articles from the membership via the Listserv with two announcements; the first announcement being released approximately one month prior to the submission deadline and a second announcement approximately one week prior to the deadline.
- Collect advertisements and ensure their publication.
- Collecting the articles and related images and transferring them to the Business Office for publication.
- Proofread rough draft prior to publication.
- Answer questions from the public concerning the Newsletters.
This position typically requires up to 4-6 hours of one’s time per publication. The Editor will work closely with Brian Schorr, Executive Administrator at AEESP’s Business Office throughout the preparation of the Newsletter. Previous copies of the Newsletter may be found on AEESP’s Newsletter Archives webpage at: http://www.aeesp.org/publications/newsletter-archive
Upon the conclusion of your term, the AEESP Board of Directors will recognize you with a Distinguished Service Award at the next Annual Awards Ceremony. You must be able to commit to the full three-year term. The incoming Editor will work closely with outgoing Editor Steve Mylon on the September 2017 Newsletter. If you are interested in volunteering for this important association role, please reach out to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 28th.