Advanced and Sustainable Infrastructure Materials Laboratory (ASIM lab) at the Drexel College of Engineering, Philadelphia, PA is seeking for an outstanding candidate for an open postdoctoral position in the area of bio-inspired design of microbial concrete self-healing starting Winter/Spring 2023.
The successful candidate will work on applying advanced manufacturing/characterization techniques as well as microbial induced calcite precipitation to enable autonomous self-healing functionalities in concrete structures. Additionally, the candidate will help the group to mentor, train, and guide graduate students in performing and publishing research activities.
Special emphasis is placed on recruiting candidates with expertise in bio inspired materials engineering, design and manufacturing as well as concrete microbial self-healing.
The candidate will work in the group of Professor Farnam, in a strong collaborative environment with other professors in Civil Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Environmental Engineering departments and students at ASIM lab. More information about ASIM lab can be found at: http://www.asim-lab.com/.
• A Ph.D. degree in a topic of relevance (Microbiology, Material Science/Engineering, Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, and/or Chemical Engineering).
• Previous postdoctoral position is preferred.
• Strong expertise in microbial self-healing techniques in cement-based materials demonstrated by publication records,
• An ability to work in an interdisciplinary team,
• An interest in working in a fast-paced research environment
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this position, please provide a detailed CV (no page limit) and a short cover letter (2-page limit) explaining your scientific and research interests and why you are interested in this position. Please also provide contact information for three references in support of your application in your CV. Please attach all documents in a single pdf file via https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/500382/postdoctoral-scientist.
The interview process will begin immediately for immediate recruitment and the position will remain open until filled.