AEESP is a collaborative, supportive, and diverse community of researchers and educators that advances the professional development of its members to be successful innovators and leaders in creating equitable solutions to regional, national, and global environmental challenges.
AEESP is driven to foster inclusive connections between environmental engineering and science researchers and educators by providing programs for members to develop academic networks and career skills needed for professional success, increase equitable societal impact of environmental engineering and science scholarship and creative expression, and reimagine the skills necessary for environmental engineers and scientists to provide solutions that benefit regional, national, and global communities
- To provide networking opportunities that foster a supportive environment for the professional development of its members.
- To develop long-range plans concerning education in environmental engineering, science, and related fields, and to implement these plans by working with professional scientific societies and fellow professionals in the public and private sectors.
- To assist its members in matters relating to the development of academic and research programs at individual institutions.
- To provide a forum for the review of graduate and undergraduate curricula, in order to enhance education in environmental engineering, science, and related fields.
- To provide assistance to state professional boards, civil service boards, and other groups charged with the licensing and regulation of environmental engineering practice and education.
- To work with other organizations interested in research and education in environmental engineering, science, and related fields.
- To establish an information service that keeps its members informed about developments in environmental engineering, science, and related fields.
- To promote communication about matters concerning the interest of the members and the functions of those pertinent professional and scientific societies in which members have professional interests.
- To assist public agencies, professional societies, and other groups, through advisory and consultative services, in the development of programs related to the education and research in environmental engineering, science, and related fields.
- To recognize outstanding achievement in research and education in environmental engineering, science, and related fields.