Funded PhD Position in Environmental Engineering @ Oregon State University
Dr. Xue Jin (https://engineering.oregonstate.edu/people/xue-jin) in the School of Chemical, Biological, and Environmental Engineering at Oregon State University (OSU) is recruiting one Ph.D. student to begin in Winter or Spring 2024. The student will conduct a USDA-supported project to develop emerging membrane technology to recover valuable resources from liquid digestate. The assistantship will cover stipends, tuition, and health insurance. The student will have the opportunity to work with scientist, engineers and consultants at OSU, federal government, utilities and membrane industry.
• Minimum GPA 3.0
• Minimum TOEFL 580 or IELTS 6.5
• An earned MS (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field
• Good communication skills, team spirit, and dedication to academic excellence
• Creative, self-motivated, and strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of membrane filtration, DLVO theory, water treatment, nutrients recovery from waste streams
• Knowledge or skills in Origin, Matlab, Python, and Image-J software
Interested candidates are encouraged to send an email to Dr. Jin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a single PDF file, including (1) an application letter describing your relevant experiences and career goal (1 page); (2) CV; (3) copies of transcripts; (4) TOFEL, and (or) IELTS scores; and (5) contact information of three references. Please include “USDA Graduate Application”+ “Your Name” as your email subject. Review of candidates will start immediately, and decision will be made once the ideal candidate is identified.