The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a Ph.D. student for Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 to work on a supercritical oxidation treatment project. The position will be housed in Environmental Engineering labs in cooperation with the National Water and Energy Center (NWEC) at UAEU.
The objective of this project is to develop an innovative approach for the treatment of industrial hazardous wastewater by utilizing batch and continuous flow supercritical water oxidation reactors. The Ph.D. student will be fully supported with a stipend, tuition, and benefits through research assistantship.
The applicant needs a basic understanding of water chemistry, analytical chemistry, and reactor design. Previous publications in the field of nanoparticles, advanced oxidation, and supercritical oxidation is a plus. The candidate should be highly-motivated. The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- MS degree in any related engineering field is a requirement such: environmental engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, or biological systems engineering
- At least one Scopus-indexed publication
- Other minimum admission requirements could be seen here: https://www.uaeu.ac.ae/en/cgs/admission.shtml
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should contact Dr. Ashraf Aly Hassan (email@example.com). Please, use the subject line “SUPERCRITICAL-PhD Position.” Required documents include: provide a one-page statement of research interest. A CV clearly indicating:
- GPA in both Master's and Bachelor's
- IELTS or TOEFL scores
- Publication list as applicable
- Conference presentations and patents as applicable.
United Arab Emirates University is the oldest university in the UAE established in 1976. The university is located in the beautiful City of Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. The UAEU is an accredited research-based institution. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges. UAEU is ranked worldwide in position 288 and (351-350) at QS and THE rankings, respectively.