Yokogawa is a leading supplier of measurement, control, analytical and reporting solutions and services. We have over 100 a hundred year history delivering and are highly reliable solutions that empower our client’s profitability and sustainability. Our success is built on a foundation of continuous innovation and passionate, energetic employees. This position is within our newly formed Life BU that focusses on technology and solutions that contribute to our overall society and well-being and provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to actively contribute to the next 100 hundred years.
The role (can be remote) will be to participate in, on-going research in the field of molecular biology and advanced chemical testing. Provide input, guidance, and direction of these technologies in support of targeted clients who may benefit from the advances in these sensor concepts. Provide hands on PoC/Pilot development working with team members to abstract data for integration in company software and hardware platforms.
- Collaborate with academia, research institutes, selected partners, external clients and internal stakeholders to develop strategies and plans to improve Yokogawa’s market position.
- Manage day-to-day technical engagements per the technologies and stakeholders listed.
- Collaborate with other Yokogawa peer technologists within the company providing guidance and insights in to solutions implementation.
- Monitor changes in regulatory policy and industry trends, enabling the business to adapt strategically and to align innovation to the needs within our chosen markets.
- Support and contribute to business plan development.
- Monitor and guide of competitor behaviors and evolving trends.
- Support sales development activities.
- Be fiscally aware on responsible and adhere to company guidelines.
- Period report out on activities.
Education: PhD in molecular biology, chemistry, environmental science, or environmental engineering; active membership in current industry specific associations.
- Can demonstrate 10 years min. experience in Molecular biologist/chemical engineering with experience in direct pathogen/ indirect surrogate detection in industrial, academic, government and/or clinical settings
- Scientific communication skills documenting and presenting work to both public, scientific, continued education audiences. Bonus would be published works in trade/industry journals and publications.
- Experience with rapid pathogen identification, PCR Testing process, and fluorescence spectroscopic testing process; desirable.
- Familiarity with codes and regulations related to water pollution control
- Experience with experimental design and with laboratory organization
- Proven record of accomplishment in developing and delivering sensor based detection solutions to the process industry and/or US utilities.
- See specific references to experience requirements in the standards, protocols and technologies in the summary above.
- Analyzing and rationalizing data protocols and meta data formats
- Understanding and/or experience of AI/ML statistical techniques
- Exposure to Decision Quality processes
- Fluent with office productivity tools, TEAMS, OneNote, Word, Excel, Power Point as a minimum
- Bonus is having previously operated own company.
Send resume and cover letter to Wendy Willis: firstname.lastname@example.org