The School of Environment (SOE) at Tsinghua University invites applications for multiple open-rank, full-time, tenure-track or tenured faculty positions at Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level. The appointments are expected to begin on January 1, 2023 or thereafter.
The faculty search aligns with the strategic directions of the SOE and recognition of the need for addressing critical societal challenges facing the environment and sustainability. Applicants are expected to have demonstrated excellence in research, teaching, and professional development. The successful candidates will be expected to develop and maintain an innovative and independent research with international reputation and external funding support. The candidates will also be involved in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring to support the SOE’s education mission.
Applicants for tenured Full Professor positions are expected to be global leaders in their respective fields. Successful candidates will develop and lead internationally recognized research programs aligning with one or more of the SOE’s strategic directions.
Applicants from the following priority areas are encouraged to apply:
- Environment and Health: nexus of air, water and soil; climate change and pollution; ecology and health; microbiological risks and health; emerging pollutants.
- Carbon Neutrality and Sustainability: synergy of carbon and pollutants; low-carbon technology; wastes management and carbon; soil carbon sink and ecological remediation.
- Innovative Technology and Infrastructure: systems analysis and control technology; cutting-edge technology; infrastructure innovation; big data technology; environmental computing.
- Candidates must have a PhD in Environmental Science and Engineering or a related field at date of hire.
- Fluent in Chinese is NOT a prerequisite. All research, teaching, and service activities can be conducted in English.
- Internationally competitive salary and start-up funds
- Guaranteed support to recruit doctoral students
- Access to various talent recruitment programs
- Temporary apartments on/near campus with subsidized rent. Option to purchase subsidized apartments for eligible faculty members
- Child of pre-school and compulsory education age can be arranged to attend the kindergarten, elementary school, and middle school affiliated to Tsinghua University
As one of China’s most prestigious and influential universities, Tsinghua University (https://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/en) is committed to cultivating global citizens who will thrive in today’s world and become tomorrow’s leaders. A national and international leader in research and education on environment and sustainability, the SOE at Tsinghua University (https://www.tsinghua.edu.cn/enven) is committed to developing sustainable solutions to minimize the impact of human activities on the environment.
To apply, please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org including (1) cover letter indicating the position(s) you are applying for, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) research statement, (4) teaching statement, and (5) 3 to 5 representative publications. Applications submitted before July 1, 2022 will receive full consideration. The review of applications continues until the positions are filled.
Questions regarding any of the positions can be addressed to the Search Committee via email@example.com.