The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Research Programming Specialist with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.76 per hour.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Experience with design and use of relational databases, including systems security, and principles and practices of database administration (DBA);
- Proven skills in diagnosing and resolving database access and performance issues;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, & Outlook;
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications for Access and Excel;
- Experience with programming in Python and SQL server, specifically user interface development and database integration;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with competing deadlines;
- Strong proof reading and editing skills; and
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills.
- Be at least 18 years of age and
- Have earned at least a Master’s degree in computer science, data science and information technology, environmental science, environmental policy or other closely related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response (CESER) plans, coordinates and conducts an applied, customer-driven, national research and development program to improve decision making by EPA, federal, state, tribal and local agencies, when faced with challenging environmental problems in the built environment. Within CESER, the Homeland Security and Materials Management Division (HSMMD) conducts an applied, customer-driven, national-scale research program to improve the nation’s preparedness for and response to environmental emergencies and materials management challenges.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Maintaining coordination of enhancement and develop activities/data;
- Developing research planning tools;
- Documenting code and database development efforts;
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email EPANSSC@ORAU.org